|Lallgarh Palace & Sadul Museum|
|The architectural masterpiece in red sandstone, the palace was built by Maharaja Ganga Singh (1881-1942 A.D.) in the memory of his father Maharaja Lal Singhji in 1902 AD. The palace has beautiful latticework and filigree work. Sprawling lawns with blooming bougainvillea and dancing peacocks make it to be a not -to-be missed visual treat.
This oriental fantasy Designed by Col. Sir Swinton Jacob, is entirely a hybrid architecture -a mixture of different elements of Rajput, Muslim and European styles and can be categorized as Indo-Seresanic style. The Rajput exterior of this palace contrasts dramatically with the occidental decor within. The intricately dexterous carving on red sandstone is a hallmark of great craftsmanship. The exotic palace has magnificent pillars, richly carved fire mantles , Italian colonnades and motif of lotus in full bloom , adding to the magic of this jewel of the desert. Walls of palaces are reminiscent of the past vintage etchings, hunting trophies and old portraits. The palace has it’s own museum and library (the fourth largest in the world), clay pigeon trap and skeet shooting traps facilities at adjoining ranges.
Bikaner royal family still lives in part of the palace. part of the palace has been converted into a luxury hotel and a museum known as Shri Sadul museum which was donated by late his highness maharaja Dr. Karni Singhji of Bikaner to Maharaja Shri Ganga singhji Trust Bikaner in the year 1972 . Princess Rajyashree Kumari of Bikaner, Chairperson of Trust played a very important role in the establishment of this museum.
The museum covers the entire first floor of the Lallgarh palace and depicts the lives and times of three successive – Maharaja Ganga Singh, Sadul Singh and Karni Singh through the various artifacts and photographs displayed in 22 rooms.
Visiting hours : 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM (Closed on Sundays)